Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Did I Deepthroat Retire

smells a rat in the empty straw

I've always felt that the texts of some newer hymns ääähm of rather lower quality. On Sunday in the fair time again I encounter an example:

Us is a light has dawned, we follow him. We have smelled a rat
, in the empty straw. We have smelled a rat
, in the empty straw. We have blown up bridges

not go back. We have blown up bridges
not return.

We have broken the staff of ourselves
We have broken the staff of ourselves

Is it just my personal taste or the metaphors are really quite wrong?
The word "fuse in the empty straw, I thought: Let's get out here is like everything is flying in the air. Furthermore, why is building? Where Jesus is suddenly in the song go?
The demolition of bridges made me more reminiscent of a third-class Guido Knopp documentary than a song epiphany. The grammar can be left here to do easily. Well, I guess "artistic" freedom.

What's not all there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment